Any Reviews or comments on Onkyo HT-SP908

Username: Affiatati7

Lindenhurst, NY United States

Post Number: 1
Hi,

I would like to purchase a decent "In a Box" 7.1 surround sound system. One that will be future tolerant. I was looking at the Onkyo HT-SP908. It seems like it can handle todays needs and tomorrows. Questions:

1- Does anyone have any reviews on this system?

2- Would it be possible to play my "PC" video games throught a TV hooked up to this system for bigger picture and better sound?

3- Is it possible to play "PC" games through any Home Theatre box sets and how to hook-up

Thanks for any replys.
Don

Username: Affiatati7

Lindenhurst, NY United States

Post Number: 2
Hi,

I would like to purchase a decent "In a Box" 7.1 surround sound system. One that will be future tolerant. Here is my present set-up:

1- Presently I have a 27" flat screen TV with Component and S-Video inputs. I will probably get a 50" 1080P in the next year.

2- My living room is 12' x 22' with cathedrel ceiling. With furniture and all the room is tight so I would like to have as small speakers as I could afford (can't afford Bose).

3- I have a SONY DVD/VHS combo player. The player has component and S-Video video out, Digital audio out in both coaxial and optical. It has composite line in/line out video and audio.

Most systems I've researched have similiar features like front panel inputs and such.Here are some features I am looking for:

1- A system that naturally sounds crisp and that I could crank fairly loud and not hear clipping or distortion.

2- A wireless rear would be nice (not a must), however, the one's I've seen don't seem to have as many features as a wired system.

3- A good lite-up learning remote

4- The right features to handle todays and tomorrows features.

5- Fairly small speakers. The speakers on the Onkyo HT S990 THX look too big and bulky although the system looks good.

6- I would like the price of the system not to exceed $1,000.00.

Some questions I have are as follows:

What features do you feel are a real must?

What wattage would be good to crank for my size room (12' x 22')

Should I use my present DVD/VHS combo (it's 4 years old) or get a system that has a matching DVD player?

Can anyone recommend such a system? I was looking at the Onkyo HT-SP908. It has 90 wts. per channel. Although no wireless rear or lite-up remote, Onkyo has a good reputation and the system seems like it can handle todays needs and tomorrows. Although no wireless rear or lite-up remote.

Thanks for any replies.

Don
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us