Need Reccomendations

Username: Auburnfan

Washington , DC USA

Post Number: 5
I just bought 4 Polk R50s. Still need center channel and sub, not to mention Receiver. This is all for my Mits 73-833 DLP. Need to know what center channel matchs up well with these speakers and which sub. I am not someone who can probably tell the difference between a thousand dollar sub and a 100 dollar sub. Just want it to sound pretty good and look pretty good. Thanks

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1829
­
You've already bought Polk. Stick with that brand for the center and the sub. But make no mistake, even a half-deaf person can hear the difference between a $100 and a $1000 sub.

Any current model $300-$500 AVR will run that setup OK.
­

Bronze Member
Username: Sobeeatch

Post Number: 12
John is right. There will be an obviously audible difference between an inexpensive sub and a decent one. Don't undersell your ability to hear it. I also think his price range for a sub is reasonable. If you get one of the cheapies, much of the sub's potential impact will be lost. I'm not just talking about volume but distortion and the capacity to reproduce the lower ends.

Username: Auburnfan

Washington , DC USA

Post Number: 6
Thanks, I was kinda hoping for a model specific center channel. I read on some other forums that the csi25 from Polk would work well with the R50s. I guess I am trying to get some confirmation before I pull the trigger.

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1830
­
The Polk CSR should be good too, especially since it is an "R" series like your towers. Both the CSi25 and the CSR carry the same list price and similar specifications. I would buy the one you can find cheapest.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us