What 50 inch TV? speakers? avr? Please help!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Rcooke

Post Number: 21
Hey everyone. I would truely appreciate some help b4 I spend a lot of money!! I have just moved to New York from England so had to sell all my electric equiptment.

The room is 22'' by 12'7.

I want a 50 inch to watch moviesTV and play xbox 360/ps3/wiii. I have been advised to go with a 120 hertz lcd...

I have been leaning towards Sony Bravia XBR4 52'' - but very unsure about speakers or avr amp. I was going to get bose speakers but after reading many bad reviews have decided against (although the idea of smaller speakers does appeal).

I would greatly apprecite the help of the experts out there. Price is not a major issue necessarily within reason. Should I consider plasma also?

Previously I had a a panny 42 inch just before HD came out.

many thanks!!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
By the way I have tivo series 3 dvr and Time warner cable... dont know if that is important...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
OK - me again :-)... what is the biggest size tv you recommend for my room (I would be about 12 ft away I think) I want the biggest possible obviously!!!

Silver Member
Username: Eib_nation

Ohio EIBville

Post Number: 203
Why limit yourself to a 50"?

If money is not a problem.......50" is pretty tiny.

At 12' from the screen.......a 65"-100" screen should be the minimum.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
Thanks -I thought you had to be a certian distance if you dont want to see pixels etc...?

Silver Member
Username: Eib_nation

Ohio EIBville

Post Number: 204
You wont have any problem with pixelation going as large as a 100" screen from 12 feet. If you buy anything smaller than 65"-70" you'll really regret your decision later.

I sit at 12', I have a 65", and I regret not buying something bigger. I don't want you to have those same regrets, and You definitely don't want something as small as 50".

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 410
With old fashion SD CRT the further away you were the better yhr picture looked. With todays 1080P devices the closer you are the more fine details you will see. That part of the reason people are getting much larger sets. In my opion the new Pioneer 1080p plasmas will blow away the sony.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
thanks - so which 65'' would you recommend and which amp and small speakers? (unfortunately I cannot afford the 70'' bravia!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
I heard the pioneer
60" 1080p ELITE KURO Flat Panel HDTV is excellent?

But do I need to worry about it not being 120hx for gaming etc? and what about amp and small speakers... tooooooooo much choice !!!!!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
I heard the pioneer
60" 1080p ELITE KURO Flat Panel HDTV is excellent?

But do I need to worry about it not being 120hx for gaming etc? and what about amp and small speakers... tooooooooo much choice !!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 414
Plasma don't have the refresh rate problem that LCD have, the 120hx appliesw to LCD. I like Denon receivers and Paradigm speakers.http://paradigm.com/en/paradigm/news/ http://usa.denon.com/ProductDetails/AVReceivers.asp

Username: Fcheshire

Post Number: 1
Looking for speakers?
For the price you would pay for Bose...you could try the RBH line.

The RBH CT series (satellite speakers) has received many good reviews for speakers that are in the bose price range.

http://www.rbhsound.com/avi0502.shtml
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us