Beginer Looking to start up a system

Username: Twitchee2

Post Number: 1
Hey guys Ive been reading slowly and just want to say great forum you got here. I recently just moved into my dorm at Chico State, studying to be an engineer. Anyway, i came up here and brought my Logitec z5300's that i run off my computer. It worked great when i was home becuase i had the best system in my house, but the guy down the hall from has a kiplish 2.1 system and it just blows mine out of the water. Now I'm the type of person that likes to do electronic stuff right so i'm looking to start up a home theater system to have when i move out of the dorms and into an apartment. I want to start with a decent receiver that will give me enough options for the future, then a nice set of speakers and a sub. I think that would be a good place to start and then as budget allows i can slowly start adding more.

What would you guys suggest in terms of components? I would like to keep it around 600 but i'm willing to wait longer and spend a little more if it means doing it right.

Thanks for any input at all.

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 407
$600 for what? All the equipment or each component?

Post Number: 2
600 for sub, receiver, and 2 bookshelf speakers.sorry i didnt specify.

Silver Member

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 409
You can probab;y get a decent set of speakers for $200 (Paradigm Titans) but 200 for a sub and 200 for a receiver is tight. Maybe some used equipment off Ebay

Post Number: 3
well what do you suggest. im willing to spend more if it means doing it right the first time.

Silver Member

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 413
Look here for an inexpensive receiver. http://www.jr.com/JRSectionView.process?Section_Path=/Audio/Receivers/ I like Paradigm speakers they have something for every budget. http://paradigm.com/en/paradigm/news/
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us