Home Theater Recommendations

Username: Mn_hokie

Maple Grove, MN USA

Post Number: 1
I'm setting up a home theater in my basement. The room is finished and is approximately 11X16 feet. I have already purchased the following equipment:

BenQ pb6100 DLP projector
84" Draper screen
Denon AVR-3805 Receiver

Here are the speakers I'm looking at getting:

Fronts - Klipsch RB35
Center - Klipsch RC35
Surrounds - Klipsch SCR3 (2)
Rears - Klipsch RS35 (2)

The back wall of the room is only about 8 feet in length, so I've had several people tell me that a 6.1 setup, using just 1 of the RS35's would be best, rather than a crowded 7.1 setup. I'm looking for recommendations on which way to proceed here, as well as if the RS35 would be the best choice for rear(s). I had considered putting another RC35 on the back wall if I just went with a 6.1.

Thoughts?

Jason

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 595
Jason:

In such a small space, I would only use a 5.1 system. A 6.1 or 7.1 system is simply overkill and will make the sound more confusing than revealing.

Maple Grove, MN USA

Post Number: 2
I agree that 7.1 is probably overkill, but I think 6.1 is fairly necessary. If nothing more, I'd like to at least have that center rear channel to smooth things out a little.

Username: Ronald591

Lagrange, Ohio USA

Post Number: 1
The Durabrand HT from Walmart is the greatest deal going. I paid $55.00 dollars for it and the sound is great!. I hooked up my Direct TV sattelite box, big screen Hiatachi TV and my Phillips VCR-DVD -player to it. I am one happy customer. Why spend hundreds for what you can get for WAY less. Trust me, it's the best kept secret in town.
Ron

Maple Grove, MN USA

Post Number: 3
I'm glad you found a good fit, but seriously, there's no way you can compare a $55 setup to a professional line of equipment.

Bronze Member
Username: Feot

Texas USA

Post Number: 16
Have you listened to any NHTs?

Maple Grove, MN USA

Post Number: 4
No, I haven't. I actually purchased my speakers yesterday. I decided to go with a single Klipsch RCX4 as my rear center and a pair of Klipch RCR5 ceiling speakers for my rears.

Unregistered guest
hello friends...i can't belive that actually there is a web side like this one..anyway my name is Tony and i'm from Newyork,here what i need to do
I'm doing a major rinnovation in my house,broken down
some walls and i dicide to run some rca digital cable 14 awg,for now i'm just passing this wiring before the sheetracks they going back up,now here is the measure of the room,there is a small wall where the tv is going to be(a plasma i hope)the dimention are 8 feet and 3/4 long by 8 feet tall
and i'm going to install 3 speakers .....
ok now the other wall where the sofa is going to be
is 14.5 feet long and 2 windows on both side of the wall, i'm installing 2 speakers total wall lenth is about 20 feet and the total distance from wall to wall is 12.5 feet , so in other words the room has 1 wall (sofa side)with is 20 feet,and the wall accross is 8 and 3/4 and a distance beetwin is 12.5 feet and 8 feet from floor to cilling,any suggestions about were i should install the speakers??(distance beetwin speakers,and so on)
of course is going to be a theatre sound system with hdtv ,and any suggestion on brand that i can buy???? i was looking on sony and panasonic thanks....

Bronze Member
Username: Feot

Texas USA

Post Number: 18
what is your budget and do you plan on installing in-wall speakers or bookshelf or sattelite monitors? if you can get your $ back on the rca wire, do so and spend a bit more for some better wire, you will thank yourself later. Where do you plan to have your eqipment at? Can you map out a drawing and attach to your next post, even if you use dashes or 1s using notepad. I can help you better if i can see what you see. With just three speakers, i would put them all where your monitor (TV) is. It will sound funny without properly tweaking the system having stereo come from where you sit and a center by the monitor.

Unregistered guest
hello Shelby....ok budget i don't know yet,but i will install a sattelite type.....for the wiring.....well
are allready in,so can't really change now,let me see if i can up load some photo's layout ,so you have a better idea,the equipment it will be a tv and a theatre system i would say 3 speakers, and at the other end ....the sofa an 2 more speakers.....

Unregistered guest
ok the photo is to large ,i'm unable to up loaded,
the size is 560 kb i also tryed to compressed ,but is still to large,how can i send this pic to you??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us