Upscale

Bronze Member
Username: Headutter

Post Number: 69
My Son has a coax cable in his dorm for cable TV. No cable box can be connected. He has a DVD recorder with an hdmi output which he can connect the coax cable to. He just bought a projector and screen. Now he needs the receiver. He wants to spend as little as possible like getting a theater in a box. However, the projector only has one input. He also wants to plug in his Xbox. I've been told that there are receivers that will upscale everything you put through them including cable TV. Can anyone recommend a product that does this and confirm if it will upscale cable TV as well as everything else connected to it?

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1783
­
"However, the projector only has one input."

What kind of input is it?

Bronze Member
Username: Headutter

Post Number: 71
My error. Theses are the inputs.
One HDMI port, one 15-pin VGA port, one set of YPbPr component inputs, one s-video input, one composite video input, one 12V trigger, one serial port, and one USB port.

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 404
Home theater in a box will not upscale your video, that kind of technology cost about $1500.00 and is available from a number of receivers. He has a projector and screen in his dorm room? DVD recorder digital out to receiver will give you surround sound. You probably don't need an up scaling receiver.

Silver Member
Username: Gavdawg

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 879
The upper end of the Bose Lifestyle range will upconvert for you, but you are talking between $3000 and $4000 for a HTIB.

You would be better off going the separate component route for that kind of cash
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us