Get Dolby Digital 5.1 from Comcast Motorola boxes with digital out!

Unregistered guest
I work for Comcast of Pompano Beach. The new Motorola Interactive boxes are capable of 5.1DD. As long as there is a digital out (9 out of ten times its digital coaxial.) Some boxes however do have the DD5.1 logo on them and don't have the digital output. Sorry, maybe your local Comcast can provide one of these boxes to you. Here are the setting to turn on the DD5.1 on the Motorola boxes:

1.)Go to "Menu".
2.)Click on "Setup".
3.)Then click "Audio".
4.)Change the "Audio Output" to Advanced.
5.)Leave "Compression" at "None", and "Stereo Output" to "Stereo".
6.)Press "Exit".

Make sure your on a DD5.1 channel. After selecting a channel this can be found in the right hand top corner of the banner guide. This will tell you the type of output the channel has.

Congratulations! You should now see your DD5.1 light up on your receiver!

Check out my site for more help or pc help @ http://www.fromanotherstate.com

Username: Mjnoles1

Post Number: 3
Hey "Fromanotherstate" I live not to far from where you work and I do have comcast but I have the older box with no digital outputs or inputs on the back at all. I am just wondering if you tested these new comcast boxes you mentioned? If so how is the picture and the sound from these new units? The concern I have though with picking up one of these new boxes from comcast is a lot of people posted on here that when you switch from digital audio or 5.1 audio to analog audio that the sound volume jumps so high it gets annoying and they had to switch back to the menu to turn off the digital sound function. I my self am a person that does a lot of scrolling through channels and it would be very annoying that everytime a analog channel comes up that I would have to go to the menu and turn off the stero output function. Do you know since you do work at comcast is their a way to just scroll through the channels and get the same volume sound from each channel?

Thanks for all the help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us