Having Problems with Center Channel

Username: Cholowich

Post Number: 1
I need some help. I recently purchased a Polk audio 5.1 channel surround sound system (model # RM675OBK). I think I have it set up properly, but I am having issues with the sound out of the center channel. My set up goes as follows:

I have a receiver (Dennon) and a processer (AdCom) that are both hand me downs, but I am assured they work great. I currently have the rear speakers and center channel hooked directly into the Adcom. Then I have the sub and front speakers hooked directly into the Dennon (all speakers are hooked through Monster wire). Then I created a loop between the AdCom and the Dennon with simple red and white audio cables.

My biggest issue is that my Center Channel either sounds muffled (I am having a hard time hearing the voices, almost like they are in a bubble) or if I turn up the volume on the center channel it sounds like the speaker has blown. I have used this system a total of maybe 5 times.

HELP!

Silver Member
Username: Huron

Post Number: 143
the Adcom is a processer or a amp?, are you trying to use the Adcom as the processer and the Dennon as the amp? Im confused, why dont you just use the dennon receiver, and is the Dennon a AV 5.1? more info please, what Dennon is it and what are you trying to do with both units

Username: Cholowich

Post Number: 2
The Dennon is a receiver and the AdCom is the processor. There is not an amplifier in my set up.

I have the rear and the center speakers hooked directly into the processor (AdCom) and I have the subwoofer and the front speakers hooked directly into the receiver (Dennon). Then I have connected the Dennon to the AdCom with a component audio cable.

Silver Member

Post Number: 144
right now Im making Fettuccine and Meatballs, so go hear https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-theater/351700.html If I was you I would hook up just the Dennon and see if that helps

Silver Member

Post Number: 145
Ok Im back, I keep reading what you wrote and Im still confuse, unless some one hear knows exactly what you did, I can figure out just about anything as long as Im looking at it, so if you are willing to take pic`s of the back of the units and tell us what units you have

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 383
Hello you have a 5.1 speaker system that cost $250 and you want to use the Adcom Pre-Pro why? Just use the Denon it will be simple and sound as good as it can.

Gold Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 4027
You know most projectionists don't know expect lacing up the projector and adjusting the house fader for a comfortable level. While some listen and watch the engineer when calibrating and aligning the cinemas sound system for the best wildest possible sound.

First rule in home cinema always use matching loudspeakers for the fronts always use the same manufacture for fronts sub and surround loudspeakers.

For best results use an electronic frequency dividing network system or the affordable Behinger DCX2496 coupled with matching amplifiers to run the three-screen arrays surround loudspeaker arrays and a different model for the sub bass arrays if possible.

1/3 octave EQ for all channels and always place the front loudspeakers at the same height level keep the left and right away from the sidewalls unless you what it boomy!

Use an RTA and SPL db metre for setting the whole thing up and if possible an oscilloscope.

Silver Member

if there`s ...

Post Number: 147
COCOON, If Im ever in the UK I will have to visit you, just to see how Mad you areUpload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us