Need Projector Screen for Sony VPLHS20

Username: Htguy

Post Number: 1
Hi there,

I have a Sony VPLHS20 with Klipsche and Marantz. I am looking for a projector screen. Getting really confused with Cinema Vision, High power, Da-Mat, Matte White....

I have selected the Cinema Contour but am trying to decide the texture.

Here are my requirements:
1. Brightest screen available - 110 inch diag
2. Fixed Wall
3. White screen (not gray - I saw the gray one and it looked dull)
4. Room is quite dark - professionally made HT room.

Based upon this I selected the Cinema Contour High Power.

Questions:
1. Are high power screens really that bright?
2. How does HDTV resolution look on it?
3. How does high power compare to matte white or Da-Mat. I know all the technical stuff but would request inputs regarding visible differences.
4. Any other screen that fits best with Sony VPL HS20 based upon the criteria above?
5. Can spend close to 1000 bucks.

I would greatly appreciate any inputs that anyone can provide. Thanks!

My beautiful HT is ready with a missing screen...hence would like to get it ASAP. Please help!!!

Cheers,
h.t.guy.

Silver Member
Username: Huron

Post Number: 135
the next thing in my HT is a screen, but I need to save up for it, so I will continue my research for now and live with the paint on, a few months ago I auditioned a fire hawk screen an I have to say I was impressed enough to know that anything less quality and I will never be satisfied http://www.projectorcentral.com/stewart_screens.htm

Silver Member
Username: Westcott

League City, Texas

Post Number: 285
The best performance to cost ratio fixed screen is made by Carada. The precision or criterion series, depending on budget and gain required. I use the brilliant white. Great company and will save you money on the same quality as the big boys.

Silver Member
Username: Huron

Post Number: 138
you can review all the brands from the page I posted
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us