Your opinion on home theatre configuration

Username: World1998

Post Number: 1
hi, there,

I'm buying the equipments to set up my family room as a home theatre. The room is 21 X 19 feets and 10 feet high. It opens one side to the kitchen and half a side to the house entrance.

So far I have got the following:

pioneer elite VSX84TXSI receiver
Focal IC706S in ceiling speakers (2 pairs)
JBL L8400PB subwoofer

I need a center channel speaker to complete the setup. I found a Vienna Theatro center channel on clearance at Best Buy today, will it be a good match with what I have got?

The reason that the equipments are not from the same manufacture is that I bought them from clearance.

Thanks,

George

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 377
Did you get the Pioneer at clearance? You should look for a Focal center but if your goal is to do it as less expensive as possible go for the Vienna. All your equiptment looks pretty good so far, I don't know the sub.

Silver Member
Username: Westcott

League City, Texas

Post Number: 279
You should have been asking these questions before you started buying equipment. You really are not saving any money if the equipment is not suited for one another.

You also need to consider room orientation, seating distance, and acoustics in general. Lots of good resources on the internet. I suggest some homework if you want a well integrated system.

Silver Member
Username: Huron

Post Number: 124
I wasnt going to touch this thread because I didnt want to say what needed to be said, westcott is right. what are you going to do with the ceiling speakers? because if you are going to put in a center channel, and the front speakers are firing 10 feet straight down, I dont know, I just cant see it working, or maybe Im confused
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us