New 7.1 system integrating older stereo speakers

Username: Iog

Post Number: 1
I have just purchased a new system with a Denon Receiver, 5 Mirage OmniSat Micros and a Mirage S-10 subwoofer. I also own 2 Mirage M-290is speakers that I have been using for a while (bookshelf with 6" woofers and 3/4" tweeters). I'd like to combine all these into a 7.1 system using the bookshelf speakers on stands as the front L/R.

So, is this advisable, and what is the recommended crossover setting with this combination for the subwoofer? Also, the Denon can shelf eq the main front speakers, so should I allow full frequency range to the M-290is or treat them as I treat the OmniSat micros and cut the low frequencies. Thanks for the advice! David

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 376
You can use the M-290 as fronts but they are small speakers and should be set up that way. Set the cross over to 80.

Username: Iog

Post Number: 2
After playing with the system a bit, I have set the M290 as small, even though the Denon auto setup chose large. Since the OmniSat Micros have a flat frequency response down to 90Hz, should I set the crossover to 100 instead of 80?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us