Onkyo HTS-760: Sound Clarity

music lover
Hi,

Over the last weeked I hooked up my brand new HTS-760 (HTIB) to my TV/DVD Player/VCR. I used the Monster Digital Coaxial cable (from DVD Player to Receiver) and 16 gauge speaker wire for all the speakers. But, I am yet to buy quality subwoofer cable. Now, my issue with this system is sound, it is not crisp and clear. I did the following to tune the system:
1. setup the recever for 5 speakers - did not resolve the issue
2. Increased the center channel sound to +6 decibel - it only increased the sound but not the quality.
3. Turned on the Cinema Filter On - did not resolve the issue
4. Played star wars - II to get the feel of sorround speakers - I had increase the sound on the sourround channels to +12 decibel to get the feel of it.

Is in't the center speaker meant for dialogues only? I hear other stuff too.

What am I missing here? Please help.

Thanks

Anonymous
one thing you forgot to do is turn up the treble a lil bit higher. if that doesn't work. then i suggest you upgrade to new speakers. that is the most effective way to getting better sound quality.

What kind of power connection are you using... if you have a rats nest of power cables plugged into a standard surge protector or power strip you might be hearing a lot of noise interference. try to isolate the home theater equipment on that plug and check what els is running on that outlets network in your house (microwaves, computer etc..) Getting a nice power protection strip is really essential and lots of people over look this. Monster Power makes a nice strip... it runs about 130 bucks retail but you could get one online for around 80 or 90 bucks which should really help out. go to cuircuit city or best buy and buy one retail..try it out and if it doesnt help return it... if it does either keep it or return it and buy one cheaper online.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us