Promblem with Velodyne DLS-4000R

Silver Member
Username: 1lakerfan

Post Number: 104
When the subwoofer is getting base at low volumes I here a low crackling type of noise. But when there is alot of bass it sounds normal so you cant notice this noise. I am sure it is the subwoofer and has nothing to do with reciever, speakers or setup because when I turn off the reciever and turn on the subwoofer I can hear that little crackling noise when I get close to the subwoofer and listen to it. Can anyone please tell me what the problem is?

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 363
Possibly an electric ground loop. Try putting one of those gray 3 to 2 plug adapters on the electric plug.

Silver Member
Username: Westcott

League City, Texas

Post Number: 271
Bad idea Casey. You should NEVER disable the ground on any electrical equipment.

The proper way to address the problem is try to isolate the ground problem. Make sure the plug is grounded and that the circuit you are using is not getting interferance from other things like flourescent lights, etc. Also make sure you are using a quality subwoofer cable that is double shielded and quality connectors.

Calrad Audio Isolation Transformer is the final solution if you can not isolate the circuit or the component. They can be had for around $25.

Bypassing the ground is unsafe and if your house ever caught fire, the insurance company would have an excuse not to honor your claim!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Huron

Post Number: 92
My freinds sub was having problems, and I reminded him that his connections on the sub was hitting the wall in the past, turns out it did damage to the (sub in) connections on the amp in the sub

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
disconnect the cable going to (sub in), and plug the sub in another place with good ground, and play around with it, if you sub do`s not have ground try another outlet anyways, and what about a surge protector going bad

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
I think Casey was just giving an idea for testing

Silver Member

Post Number: 105
Well I called velodyne and they just told me to remove the amp and send it to them for repair, so thats what im going to do since its still under manfactuers warranty.

Silver Member

Post Number: 109
I guess it was a distorted input. suwoofer works fine now. does any no how you prevent a distorted input so I make sure it doesnt happen again or does it just happen.

Silver Member

Post Number: 101
what do you mean distorted input? what did the velodyne do?

Silver Member

Post Number: 110
I'm not sure really what that means either, but they siad that they replaced the amp.

Silver Member

Post Number: 110
It sounds like something simular to what happened to my freind, when he call me he told me after he moved in his new place he hooked everything up and a loud noise was coming from the sub, we went threw everything, then a week later he called me up and said he fix it, I asked how and he said he pushed on the input to the side on the sub and it worked so he duck taped it tight pulling on it against something else, then we laughed, sound just like my friend, if it is the same then just be gentle on the inputs, dont put a lot of weight on them, or pull, or plug and unplug
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us