Switching out of MULTI CH IN 7.1

Silver Member
Username: 1lakerfan

Post Number: 102
I cant get my reciever to go to Pllx music (or cinema). When I pust the music or cinema on my remote nothing happens. The part of the manuel to my Denon 2807 that I was reading basically says to push the surround parameter button and on the SB select cenima or music,ect, But when Im in MULTI CH IN 7.1 the surround back option dosnt show up. When I am not playing the a game it will still show MULTI CH IN 7.1 but plays in 2 ch. Can you please help me? I want to put my reciever on DTS Neo 6 music to play the music so sound is coming from all the speakers, instead of playing music in 2 channels. When I am in using opticle and am on dolby digital I would have no problem switching it to DTS cinema or pllx movie. When Im scrolling through the XMB my reciever will say MULTI CH IN 7.1 but will only play in 2 ch. I do understand that the music is not supposed to play in 5.1 or 7.1 unless it supports that format, so thats why I want to switch to DTS Neo 6 music or Dolby Pllx music.

Bronze Member
Username: Floyd_1977

Plainfield, IL USA

Post Number: 77
If you are on MULTI CH IN 7.1, you will only hear what is plugged in to the MULTI CH IN inputs. Do you have 8 cables plugged in to the EXT. IN section on the back of your receiver? If these aren't connected to anything, you won't hear anything out of those speakers.

Press the "Standard" button on your receiver to get out of MULTI CH IN mode. From there, you can select your surround mode. All this information is in your manual.

Silver Member
Username: 1lakerfan

Post Number: 103
pushing standard brings right back to MULTI CH IN 7.1

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 355
On the receivers' lower left side you will see a input mode button press it and it will cycle through input modes (Anolog DTS Auto) set for auto this will also get you out of EXT IN. Sele. On the back of the remote is a trap door open it and you will find suuround mode (blue buttons). On the right side one is labled STD this will give you Dolby Digital when the receiver senses a digital signal and PLII when when the signal is anolog.

Silver Member
Username: Josh1005

Norfolk, VA U.S.A

Post Number: 106
You mentioned XMB, so i assume you are using a PS3? did you setup the PS3 for your surround system, and change it from PCM linear to Bitstream?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us