Converting HD Cablebox output back to coax

Username: Mikecd87

Post Number: 1
I am buying a home with a mount for a flat panel TV above the fireplace. The builder only ran a coax cable to the mount, so no way to get an extended HDMI cable through the wall without serious work. Is anyone aware of a devise that converts the digital output (or recombines an analog signal) back to a coax output that can then be handeled by the televisions HD tuner? This way, I can place the cable box back at the coax home run and push the content through coax?

New to the board and looking forward to the help.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 3412
To send an HD signal from a cable box or satellite you need HDMI, DVI or components. Why would someone buy a flat panel TV and connect it with coax? Whoever built the house was pretty clueless.

Username: Giggles7247

Post Number: 1
Not sure where to ask this question, I have a proscan lcd tv. model # 26LA30Q. can anyone please tell me hose to remove the base(pedestal so that I can hang it. I just can't seem to get it off. any help would be great. thank you

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 351
Janet there are screws on the back nesr the base.

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 352
Mike you may be able to use a cable card from your cable company and the coax will be all you need. With a cable card there is no need for a cable box but ther are some drawbacks to cable cards
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us