Xbox 360 surround sound w/Panasonic DVD Home Theater??

Username: Goalie35

Post Number: 1
I purchased a Panasonic DVD Home Theater System the other day with the intent to hook up my cable box & Xbox 360 to the surround sound as well, however I've been unable to hookup my 360 to the surround sound and was wondering if anyone knew of a way to do this.

The Panasonic Home Theater has 1 set of "AUX" audio output terminals on the back (just 2 terminals for your red & white audio cables). I've hooked up my cable box to these 2 terminals which leaves no room for my Xbox 360.

To make matters worse, this Home Theater system doesn't include any options for an optical or coaxial input (which is ridiculous, considering it's a $400 system).

It does however, have an HDMI port(marked as AV out). Since the 360 doesn't support HDMI though, I don't think this will work but figured I'd include it in here in case it helps.

Is there any way I can possibly setup Xbox 360 surround sound on this system?

Thanks.

-Goalie35

Bronze Member
Username: Deadhorse

Post Number: 70
Yes, start over. Take the Panasonic system back and buy an A/V receiver for under $200. I got my receiver last year for just over 2 but saw it the other day for $170, it's a Pioneer VSX-515, 7.1, 100 watts per channel and tons of inputs and out puts. Take the other $200-$230 and buy a speaker package, might not be the greatest but you can always upgrade later.

The important thing is you'll have a good base to build on, if you stay with the Panasonic things will only get worse in the input/output area.

I just got a 360 less than two weeks ago, I imediatly bought Madded and Fight Night Round 3, I'am waiting for GOW and Project 8 to come. What games do you have?

Gold Member
Username: Joe_c

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 1468
Agreed

Bronze Member
Username: Scotty2hotty

Chicago, IL

Post Number: 69
Go look at the Onkyo HT-SR800. Spending $$$ on a system with no connectivity is teh suck.

Username: Goalie35

Post Number: 2
Thanks guys.

I returned my Panasonic yesterday and went for an A/V receiver package (total came to $425 for everything).

Hooked everything up and it's working great now (only downside was the Panasonic had wireless surround sound whereas this one does not. No big deal though).

BTW Nick, bought my xbox 360 about 2 months ago but I'm a huge sports fan so I bought madden & nhl 07. Also, games like Oblivion aren't usually my type of game but I gave it a shot & I have to admit it's the most graphically beautiful game I've ever seen (plus dolby surround sound)! Finally, if you're into online games, go for Rainbow Six Vegas. That rounds out my library of 4 games so far.

-Goalie35
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us