Cabling and Componet choice

Username: Thequickness

Post Number: 1
Hello all. Relative home theater newb here.

What I want to accomplish is having a flat screen display above my fake fireplace with hidden wiring. I would like to put all my components in the rear bedroom (#1) and fed to the flat screen.

At this time I not too concerned with the actual display, speakers or receiver models. My question at this time is about wiring.

What would be the best cabling options to use? Background on me, I am a cable tv installer with Time Warner, so running wires isn't a problem. All can be fished from the attic, as my apartment is an upper. I have people at work that can run a power outlet.

When all is said and done the setup doesn't need to be supper high end. Just the display (in living room). hd cable box, dvd player, surround sound fed from rear bed room #1.

What I'm thinking so far:
Hd cable box > receiver > out from receiver via HDMI cable fished to display, including a cat5 line for an IR sensor.

or...

could I use coax cable (cuz its free for me) with coax - to component connectors for the HD display. Instead of the HDMI. I'm not too sure if those are available. With IR sensor.

The pictures below are of the floor plan of my new apartment. And a quick view of the fireplace. Someone with experience with plz HELP!!! lol.

Some brand names for equipment would be much appreciated to. Or maybe a site that would be all inclusive with choices.

Thanks to all.

ps. gotta love mspaint

Upload
Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us