Pioneer Elite Warranties

R. Guinn
Unregistered guest
Pioneer Elite receiver warranties specify that they are not valid unless the receiver was bought from a factory authorized dealer (see warranty at Pioneer's website). I have yet to find any of the internet dealers advertising good prices that are a factory authorized dealer. Has anyone had any experience with trying to get warranty service on a receiver bought from an internet dealer?

Silver Member
Username: Gman

Mt. Pleasant, SC

Post Number: 512
There are numerous receiver and other component companies that do not honor warranties from merchandise purchased from internet re-sellers.

One reason I like to buy from Kief's (where you can usually get 20% off) and The Sound Seller in Marinette, WI (you have to call--and can get 15-25% off) is that they are authorized sellers that give very good discounts on the products they carry.

Of course, there are internet sellers that offer their own warranties or even sell warranties. Most offer a 2 week to one month return policy and depending on the type of equipment you are buying that is often enough. Most solid state equipment either works or it doesn't. Tube equipment is a different story-I would never get that without warranty (actually I wouldn't get tube equipment unless at gun point)--unless it was a tuner.

I have never had problems buying on the internet--but I always read the fine print on the site and ask questions about warranties available or whether I am willing to forgo a warranty.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us