KEF Q Series vs Manepan MMG

Username: Mikey_sc

Summerville, SC Usa

Post Number: 1
I need some good advise!!!!!! I'm trying to decide which system will give me the best for the investment.
Maggie cost $1500 VERUS $2000 for the KEF Q series. I do have a newcastle 7 ch amp to power the maggies. My current speakers are the Def Tech Studio 350

http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/speakers/1923/kef-q-series-home-theater-speaker -system.html

Bronze Member
Username: Ccdoggy

Post Number: 98
listen to the maggies, they sound much different and react in rooms allot different compared to just about any other speaker.

especailly listen to them on you're setup (trial period) and see what you think.

Personally i Love the sound of the Maggies, but i would need to go with the mid to upper levels of them as then they sound pretty amazing.

They have a no questions asked trial period on the MMGs i believe, give them a try and see what you think of them.

Summerville, SC Usa

Post Number: 2
Thanks Steve, I would love to purchase the upper line of Maggie but, money is an issue.
My room is about 300+ sg ft. Also I do have some concerns for placement of the MMG, the plan was to purchase 4 of the MMG and the MMG-C. But I have heard great things about KEF......your though?

Silver Member
Username: Westcott

League City, Texas

Post Number: 237
The KEF Q series have one similar attribute, in that they produce sound from a single point source, much like a planar or horn loaded speaker. They are unaffected by phase and time alignment issues due to this single point source design. I find the KEFs have a wider dispersion pattern than planar speakers and more adept for a home theater. I find planars are great for music in two channel mode and a singe seating position but not well suited for more than one listener. So my nod would have to go to the KEFs for home theater applications.

Username: Amitg

Post Number: 1
Im in a similar position - i currently have DefTech BP8s and have been considering upgrading for a while. The Magnepans are being recommended to me but im not sure how they would sound in a small room ((my room is 14 by 12 feet)as well as if my current receiver will handle them (HK AVR 525. The Def Techs are not bad - but just dont excite me any longer...........so id love to hear what u decide on.

Summerville, SC Usa

Post Number: 3
I found Westcott post most interesting, he male a good point. I'm leaning toward the KEF system.
Thank you Westcott!!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us