Need help...Major Problem

Bronze Member
Username: Indigo_man

Post Number: 49
Hi everybody,
I recently bought a samsung hometheater system along with a new plasma TV. The plasma TV has not arrived yet but the hometheatre system is already here. So, i decided to see how it feels to have a hometheater and i decided to hook it up to my old picture tube TV. I also have a pansat. The Tv and the pansast are pretty old... and they have composite video jacks and coaxil cable jaacks only. The home theatre system is brand new so it has the composite video, HDMI and component video jacks, but it does not have a coaxil cable jack. I have managed to hook it up and the hometheatre is working, but wanted to ask if there is any better way to hook it all up, without using so many wires and without losing all that picture quality. Plesae reply, and thanks in advance for your replies. The help will be greatly appriciated .
attached is the back of the pansat 2700.

Thanks
Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Josh1005

Norfolk, VA U.S.A

Post Number: 31
is this your cable box??

Silver Member
Username: Westcott

League City, Texas

Post Number: 171
I would use the yellow composite cable for your old display. The red and white for your audio.

Hopefully the new display you bought has HDMI for video and audio for a one cable solution. I suggest you upgrade your cable\sat box to accomodate these new HD connections. If your provider balks at your request, threaten to drop their service. They will conceed.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us