Remote Control is driving me crazy

Silver Member
Username: Tunasalad

California US

Post Number: 112
Hi guys,

I'm again complaing about my components. Now, I have a Marantz SR4001 A/V reciever which is just great. The thing that is not great about it is the crappy, buggy remote. A lot of the time, the receiver just doesn't pick up the signal. I know that it is not a battery problem, so I called Marantz. After waiting on hold for more than 25 minutes, the representative told me to press the AMP button, which I guess is the equivalent of a sync with the receiver button. A week later, the remote is back to its evil ways, and I am infuriated. Needless to say, the AMP quick-fix no longer works. I just want to listen to some music without having to get up every song to change the volume.

Please help,
Stefan

Silver Member
Username: Westcott

League City, Texas

Post Number: 164
Sorry to hear anyone have problems with their equipment. It sounds like the receiver but you could try an aftermarket remote like the Harmony to see if that solves your problem. If it does not, you still have a pretty cool remote and I am sure it is cheaper than buying a new receiver. An RF hub is also available for some of their models if line of sight is a problem.

I guess Marantz has lost another customer.

Silver Member
Username: Tunasalad

California US

Post Number: 114
The remote used to work, after a couple weeks it started to die. I would DEFINETLY buy Marantz again because the receiver is really, really good. Also, I got a good price on it. The remote is a small but annoying problem. The line of sight has nothing to do with it though. If anyone has a different suggestion I would be greatful.

Thanks,
Stefan

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 3358
Some remotes have a weak IR emitter. Radio Shack sells a replacement emitter, I don't remember the part number though. Weak batteries could be the problem. I've bought new batteries that were nowhere near the expiration date that were no good. If they're Everdeady batteries, they are garbage these days. If you have a tester, check them.

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

Extreme SQ FTW

Post Number: 1858
I need an IR emitter with enough power to catch stuff on fire! I'm sure that would get your remote the message!

Bronze Member
Username: Josh1005

Norfolk, VA U.S.A

Post Number: 32
sounds like you need a new remote i would go with the harmony 880

Bronze Member
Username: Josh1005

Norfolk, VA U.S.A

Post Number: 33
you can get them off of ebay for 150 with free two day shipping i got two one for me and one for my dad
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us