Almost all setup...

Bronze Member
Username: Deadhorse

Post Number: 40
I just want to make sure that with the acquisition of a HDTV I'm getting the best out of all my components, here goes;

Using component video cables I'm running my DVD player and Xbox into my receiver, then out from the receiver into the TV. Also using component video from the HD cable box into the TV.

Audio I'm using coaxial digital cables from the DVD to the receiver, from the cable box to the TV and from the TV to the receiver. The Xbox HD cable has RCA audio connection attached.

Any suggestions are welcome and much appreciated, thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 344
Not bad ,but a few corrections are needed. Audio coaxil from cable box to receiver not to the tv first. The Xbox has an optical out on the RCA cable line you have to find it and use it.

Bronze Member
Username: Deadhorse

Post Number: 41
Thanks for the reply, if I run the coax that way will I get sound from the TV's speakers even if the receiver's not on?

I'm sorry but I don't understand you statement about the Xbox, the HD cable has a red, blue, green for component video and a red, white for audio. The Xbox only has one output for A/V and the ethernet port?

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

Extreme SQ FTW

Post Number: 1855
I guess you have a different cable. You'd need to get the other HD pack which has an optical out for surround sound in games.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us