HT Rookie

Username: Sc_mongoose

Tampa, FL USA

Post Number: 1
Good Afternoon,
I am very luck to have come across this forum because I am need of some Home Theater advice - from the most basic level. I have been tracking some of your replies to each other and have been very impressed so I'm hoping you can help me out a little bit.

I am a new homeownner and landed a decent 1,000 sq ft condo. I'm looking to purchase everything from the ground floor up and want to make my home theater memorable, though not too big. I have been a huge fan of Klipsch speakers since I can remember, and I am curious if you could recommend a decent receiver to pair with their SB-2 5.1 set.

I'm keeping things simple with a LCD flatscreen TV, and DVD player as my only input / output requirements (and HDMI connectors would be awesome on the receiver). Thinking about Denon or Onkyo?

Any and all suggestions are appreciated and welcome.

Thanks,
Jason

Bronze Member
Username: Tunasalad

California US

Post Number: 88
Jason,

As a person who just built his own home theater, I hope that this will be helpful. I have some pretty big speakers and I had to find a powerful receiver. After speaking with many people I decided on the Marantz SR X001 line. These receivers are all 7.1 capable with 80 wpc. This may not seem like as much as some of the Onkyos and Denons but I have it on good authority that those receivers don't have as much power as they claim. I am very happy with the Marantz because it sounds great and has many features that I use, including two HDMI inputs.

Stefan

Gold Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 1203
What do you want to spend?

Silver Member
Username: Westcott

League City, Texas

Post Number: 144
I prefer the more neutral sound of the Denon's with my Klipsch speakers. Onkyo is good too.

Gold Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 1209
With Klipsch, you definitely want to go with a warmer, more laid back sounding receiver, either a Harman/Kardon or a Pioneer Elite (but not Pioneer). Either of these will give you a much better sounding system.

Silver Member
Username: Gavdawg

Post Number: 324
Onkyo is not a good match for Klipsch. I did it when I didn't know much about amp/speaker matching. The resulting sound was ear bleeding. I sold my speakers pronto.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us