BIG PROBLEM! please help

Username: Roccostiffready

Post Number: 9
Recently I purchased the NAD T773 A/V receiver. The reason for the purchase is because all the composite, S-video and coaxial inputs on my TV do not work anymore. I got a quote to fix the TV at $700-800 and 3 to 4 weeks to fix. I figured invest the money into a receiver.
When I try and connect my S/D bell receiver to the TV through the T773, I can see that the TV switches but it tells me it has a 525/60 signal. I can hear but I can not see anything. The TV is a Sony KE-42ts2u. I've played with settings on the receiver and the TV but I get nothing.
Can anyone help me to get this to work?

Thanks,

Mark

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 13048
Connect the Video output of the S/D Bell receiver directly to your TV and bypass the NAD.

Username: Roccostiffready

Post Number: 10
The composite, S-video and coaxial do not work om my TV. I tried the bell receiver on another TV and it worked fine. I think a maybe a setting in the TV or NAD receiver.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 13050
I tend to believe it is your TV as well.

Bronze Member
Username: Usernamex

LondonEngland

Post Number: 90
Hey Mark, is the only input working on your tv is component? I guess you bought the receiver thinking it will convert the composite and s-video signals into component?

Although most receivers do this these days, I believe the NAD T7x3 range (743, 753, 763, 773) don't do this! Actually, I've seen something they do sell... here it is, a separate box to do this job...

http://207.228.230.231/info/NAD_TT1.pdf

Bronze Member
Username: Usernamex

LondonEngland

Post Number: 91
ouch that tt-1 is £249 at the one shop I found selling it...

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., SouthWest Mi... Too Many DBs...

Post Number: 1632

Username: Hypersapian

Post Number: 1
I need some help....I put in new carpet, so I had to empty my living room. So, to make a long story short, I also changed from a VCR to a DVD/VCR combo. In doing so, my PS2 and XBOX with the PS2 multi-tap does not work. Did I do something wrong? Apparently , I did, but what? I have standard cable (no box), tv, stereo receiver, DVD/VCR combo, PS2, XBOX, and the multi-tap (which I used as a connector for the PS2 and the XBOX. Please help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us