Center Channel Placement

Bronze Member
Username: Cugine

San Jose, CA USA

Post Number: 34
Should I place my Center Channel (Paradigm Millenia 30 Series)above or below my 60" LCD?

Option 1:
Purchase Omni Mount Center Channel Stand and place my 17.6 lb speaker on top slightly pointed downward. Omni claims the stand can to hold up to 30 lbs. My speaker will hang off approximately 8 inches on both sides since the speaker is 16 inches longer than the stand. I assume that will be ok. It will sit 5 feet off the ground.

http://www.surroundsolutions.com/cgi-bin/surroundsolutions.cgi/11727.html?prod=O mniMount%20CCH1

Option 1a:
Same as option 1 except a different brand LCD stand. Open for suggestions.

Option 2:
Place my center channel speaker below my LCD on the top row of the tv stand. It will sit 8 inches off the ground.

My Front Speakers (Paradigm Millenia 300 Series) are 52-1/2" tall.

Thanks for your help.
Danny

Bronze Member
Username: Mvanmeter

KY USA

Post Number: 97
you want the center channel sound to image like it is coming directly from the center of the screen. Depending on the screen height, mounting above could place the speaker "too high" and give the listener the impression the sound actually is "above" the action on the screen

Gold Member
Username: Joe_c

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 1375
Ideally, you want the center level or near level to the sides. Given that i would guess below

Bronze Member
Username: Tunasalad

California US

Post Number: 84
I have a 60' Sony RPTV. When I had a center (I got rid of it and now my system sounds better) I had it sitting on the top of the tv. This definetly sounded like the sound was coming from over the screen. Then I placed it in front of the tv and it sounded more normal, (although it still didn't sound very normal)

Stefan
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us