Best Amplifier for Bose Speakers.

Username: Paurna

Post Number: 1
Guys I have decided to purchase

Acoustimass 10 Series IV Home Entertainment Speaker System by Bose.

I own Sony Wega 29" TV and a Sony DVD Player

Can anyone gimme some on the different recievers compatible with this Bose speakers and the above mentioned tv and dvd player.I would also like to know any good reliable shops selling receivers in chennai.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 12737
Any receiver can drive the Bose. As long as you do not expect them to be spectacular.

Username: Preposterouspresumption

Post Number: 3
Blose, really?

Why don't you buy a JBL stadium HT system? I am certain there is a dealership in Chennai somewhere and it should not cost much more than the accoustimass 10.

If you are set on a Bose system, the pioneer 1016 does a decent job driving most speakers. Bose speakers have average sensitivity so you will need a good deal of wattage to power the speakers.

Username: Paurna

Post Number: 3
thx for that guys .hey vikram its my bro who is insisting on bose.his friend had it in us and he seems to like it

Username: Preposterouspresumption

Post Number: 4
You're welcome. I would definitely encourage you to compile a list of HT speakers and listen to them. You need to enjoy the sound. Try to position yourself approximately 7 feet from the speakers to see how they sound. Most speakers will sound ok in confined spaces.

Also check out the HK 235, I particularly like this receiver.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us