Ok Orbs or Infinity tss 1200

Bronze Member
Username: Phrapp

Post Number: 16
I am thinking about buying the Infinity's BUT the reviews for the Orbs keep me going back to them. Anyone had a chance to sample both, or have an opinion of the better buy??
I have a Yamaha htr 5890

Username: Mcbry227

Post Number: 2
The Orbs are definitely a better buy. My favorite purchase ever, in fact. I've heard the Infinity as well and the Orbs are definitely a step or two up. The Infinity are decent and better than some of the other chain store stuff. However, the Orbs sound better and are built really well. I think the bass is better, the detail is better and you are buying direct so you are getting a much higher quality product overall.

Bronze Member
Username: Phrapp

Post Number: 18
Hmm now I am confused, the specs dont show that much of a differance. I guess I could take a test drive with the Orbs one day. I do like the look better. Does anyone else have an opinion??

Username: Mcbry227

Post Number: 4
Paper specs are not all they are cracked up to be. You can't describe all sound qualities with numbers, and most manufacturers are optimistic anyhow.

Silver Member
Username: Gavdawg

Post Number: 133
Specs don't really tell you anything. You can look at speakers with the same specs, and have them sound totally different.

The only specs that are important are if the impedence is compatible with what you are driving them with, and if you are going to be vastly overpowering / underpowering them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us