No Sound from Center Channel

Username: Jeff123

Post Number: 1
Hello,

I have a Kennwood HTB-404 which consists of a VR-507 receiver and a KS-505HT 5.1 channel speaker system. I moved my system several months ago and noticed that on some tv shows voices appear muffled. I just got around to looking into this today. I went through all the steps of making sure the speakers were setup correctly and the settings were correct for playing digital audio. They seem to be. But, after this closer check, the problem seems to be a bigger issue than I thought.

I have Comcast digital/HDTV and the audio from the cable box is hooked up to the Video 2 coaxial digital audio input. I play DVDs through my Xbox and the audio from the Xbox is hooked up to the cd/dvd optical digital input.

The problem is, when I watch an HD channel on the TV, nothing comes out of the center channel or the surround channel speakers. Likewise, when I play a DVD nothing comes out of the center channel or the surround channel speakers. I know that the speaker wires are set up correctly because I get tones in all of the speakers when I go through the setup.

Any advice is very much appreciated!

Thanks,
Jeff
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us