Building custom A/V cabinet..need advice

Username: Fibroma

Lindsay, ON Canada

Post Number: 1
Hi all,
having a custom A/V cabinet built under the wall-mounted plasma; I need some advice on current and future component considerations for shelving and space. Such as:
1) center channel speaker
2) A/V receiver
3) HD satellite box
4) DVD player/recorder
5) future PS3 (grow up fast kids...hehehe)

I won't be a home theater-ophile, so I won't need processors, preamps, etc., but is there anything else anyone can think of I should allocate some space for?

Thanks,

R.

Silver Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., 4000 isnt ev... 100,000dB FU...

Post Number: 601
All I can think of is to make sure you can run power cables, interconnects, and speaker cables separately from each other to avoid any interference that might come about. Yeah I was thinking, no nevermind.

Gold Member
Username: Joe_c

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 1231
You may want to leave space for a High def dvd player and a power conditioner. You say your not a home theater-ophile "yet" but you may find yourself knee deep before long. Just leave enough space for a larger center channel speaker if poss. ad also space for more component size (amps,dvd, set top box) pieces and you should be good.

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 330
Leave plenty of space behind the receiver for all the wires.

Bronze Member
Username: Turbodog

Post Number: 74
Size the shelf spacing, etc to allow for plenty of airflow thru the components... or build in some cooling fans. I did the latter, and I can rest easy knowing my stuff is getting plenty of airflow.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us