No sound from TV -- Nexxtar and cable box??

Username: Eisens

Post Number: 1
OK guys, I know this has to be simple and I've searched your site but haven't found the specific issue I'm having.

I bought a Nexxtech Home Theater in a Box from Circuit City ($79.99). It comes with a DVD player. I hooked the Nexxtech to the RYB connection in the back of my TV (a Ivo 27" from Wal-Mart and new. Model IF2706) and the DVD player works fine.

However on the TV the PCM digitial autsound is still coming from the cable box (Scientific American Explorer 2100).

I plugged a digital audio cable from the cable box into the Nexxtech surround sound but still no sound. It is coax and the Nexxtech has a coax plug but it doesn't tell me if it is an in or out connection. I'm wondering if it isn't an "out"? Because even though the cable box DAT is connected to the Nexxtar there is still no audio coming through to the TV from the Nexxtar.

My next thought is to disconnect the co-ax from the cable box to the TV. Plug RYB cables from the SA cable box to the Nexxtar and a coax from the Nexxtar to the TV and see if that works.

Right now I'm stuck -- and since Circuit City is slammed (pre Christmas) I'm not getting any help there. Can you guys help me -- PLEASE?

Username: Eisens

Post Number: 2
Oops "However on the TV the PCM digitial autsound is still coming from the cable box (Scientific American Explorer 2100)."

Should read: the sound on the cable TV is still coming from its internal speaker.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us