Cheap HTIB for my dorm room

Username: Jenesuispasbavard

Austin, TX U.S.A.

Post Number: 1
Hi,
I have an Xbox 360 with a 21" CRT monitor, so I'm already getting possibly the best picture the 360 can give, but my speakers are so bad that it spoils everything.
I just wanted to know which one out of the RCA RT2760 and Samsung HT-P38 is better. I need an optical audio (TOSlink) input in the back, so any other similarly priced suggestions are welcome as well.
Thanks,
Chirag
P.S. My room is about 15 ft x 15 ft.

Username: Violator_1977

Post Number: 2
HT-P38 has better reviews, get that. You a Longhorn? :-)

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=530062

http://reviews.cnet.com/HT_P38_Integrated_DVD_Receiver/4505-6740_7-31341191.html

Username: Violator_1977

Post Number: 3
Actually, try to get this deal: http://www.netaffilia.com/ad/electronics/frys/i/2006/12/22/21800.html

Austin, TX U.S.A.

Post Number: 2
Thanks, but the Onkyo deal is gone.
I guess I'll buy the Samsung HT-P38 then. Will it ever need better speakers though? I read that the speaker outputs were proprietary, if that's the right word.
And yes, I'm a Longhorn.
Chirag

Austin, TX U.S.A.

Post Number: 3
I went ahead and bought the Sony HT-DDW700 after reading some good reviews about it.
Now I'm trying to fit the receiver, subwoofer and the Xbox 360 under a fairly high table on which the TV and monitor sit, and I have a question.
Is it ok to keep the 360 on the subwoofer (as in on top of the subwoofer in it's horizontal position), or are the vibrations not good for it (for the 360)?
Chirag

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 12344
Oh no, that is not advisable. The vibrations from the sub will definitely affect your 360.

Silver Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., 4000 isnt ev... 100,000dB FU...

Post Number: 645
Yeah, I have a sub, but my gaming system is way up where only high-amplitude frequencies at the resonant frequency of the cabinet the Xbox is on (which is 23.63 hz by the frequency generator I've used on ths sub, everything in the cabinet shook around on that frequency). How many games have heavy content at that frequency anyway though?

Silver Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., 4000 isnt ev... 100,000dB FU...

Post Number: 646
I wouldn't expect that sub to hit that low of a frequency anyway

Austin, TX U.S.A.

Post Number: 4
Cool, thanks. I guess I have some relocating to do then.
And thanks again to everyone for all the help.
Chirag
P.S. Gears of War at 1280x1024 and Dolby Digital 5.1 is incredible, almost as incredible as Sonic Adventure 2 was five years back with the Dreamcast VGA adapter (for it's time).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us