DVD and Dish Network connection trouble

Username: J_stuart

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 1
I'm a true rookie at this. I just bought my home theater last Friday, and I'm pretty frustrated right now. I'm having a problem getting ANY sound from the DVD player or Dish Network. The radio plays out of all speakers, and the test tone for the speakers worked perfectly as well.

My equipment:
TV - Sony flat screen I already had
DVD player - 6 to 7 year old Apex
(I don't know their exact models)
Receiver - Onkyo TX-SR504
Speakers - Bose Acoustimass 6 Series III

The Coax from the DVD output is connected to the Coax input on the receiver with a digital cable. There is an optical cable going from the optical output on the Satelite box to the optical 1 input on the receiver. I've configured the speakers, and I have verified that the DVD input on the receiver is set as coax and its Video 1 is optical 1. What am I doing wrong?

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 317
Jef DVD first, it,s posible that you need to do a set up in the DVD player. Turn on the Digital outputs for Doly Digital and DTS. Same culd be true with the Satelite box.

Username: Micklou

Post Number: 2
dose anyone know where to get the bin keys for view sat

Username: J_stuart

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 2
Thanks Casey, I had tried to make sure that was set up, but I'm not sure I did it right. I don't have the manual to the DVD player anymore so I kind of have to feel my way through doing it, and I'll try again with the cable box too. Are there any other possibilities though?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us