Oxygen free speaker wires good or bad ??

The Doctor
Hey guys, I need HELP, what's the difference between the oxygen free cables and the regular ones, which is better, I bought a 50' oxygen free copper cable for 9.99. ( car speakrs' cable)

I have another question, is there a difference between the car speakers' cables and the home speakers' cables? can I use the car cables for my onkyo system ?

The Doctor
Sorry I forgot to mention that it's 14 guage wire, 50 feet for only 9.99
Thanks guys :)

OahnMacleod
All that stuff about wires is a TOTAL FARCE!
There is an awesome article on the subject where it was exposed back in 1982! by McIntosh Stereos no less, the people who make the high end amplifiers. To prove the point, they had their high end equipment hooked up to simple lamp cord at a trade show and people got real bent out of shape about it. When they did a blind study, and told the subject that they were listening to better wire or not, every listener couldn't tell what wire they were using. Only when they used 22 gauge wire (too thin) did people notice a difference.

THE ANSWER my friend comes down to the gauge of the wire. Don't use the thin crap they give you with your stereo. I usually use 14 gauge. Radio shack is fine.

Hope this helps, it WILL help you save money at least!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us