Connecting my dvd to a new surround sound system

Username: Barneystubble

DRIFFIELD, East Yorkshire United Kingdom

Post Number: 1
I have just purchased a new surround sound system and iam not sure how to connect the audio cables. On my dvd i have 1 red and 1 white output but on my subwoofer come amp i have 3 red and 3 white can i get a cable with 1 red and white on one end and 3 red and white on the other end, its a 5.1 system

Username: Mathgeek

Post Number: 6
The three red and three white on your amp are most likely three separate pairs of composite inputs for three separate devices. You only need to connect your DVD player to one of those sets of inputs. The inputs on the amp should be labeled. Can you tell me what the labels are?

Post Number: 2
Hi dave , there are 2 red and white AUX inputs and there is 3 red and 3 white ones next to the aux}, one is for FL-ch audio, one is FR-ch audio, another L-ch surround audio input, r-ch surround audio input center channel audio input,} and sub-bass channel audio input, but i only have 1 red and white on my dvd. On ebay type in ( SPL HT08 ) thats my new system.}

Post Number: 3
Has anyone out there set up an SPL HT08 Home Theatre System (5.1 Channel Active Sub-woofer with Tower Speakers). It comes without DVD and I am having trouble connecting it up to my existing Philips DVD recorder. Any ideas?

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 3156
If there's no digital input, you've got to have a DVD player with the decoder built in. If your player/recorder doesn't have seperate 5.1 outputs and the home theater doesn't have digital inputs, you can't get 5.1 audio.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us