New York, NY USA

Post Number: 1
I have a number of questions for my media setup. The following is what I have

Pioneer 5070HD
Denon AVR-1503 receiver
HD Direct TV
HTIB - Infinity TSS-1100

Here are my questions;

1) When I play the tuner the sub is very low, you can't hear anything unless you go right upto the speaker and put your ear there. Is there anything i need to do with the settings?

2) What would be my best setup, my denon receiver does not have a hdmi slot however my plasma and direct tv box do. (which is the current setup now).

3) I am unable to play sound from my tv through the HTIB. I have a cable going from the audio out in the tv to the audio in on the receiver.. is this correct.. (the manual is so confusing)

Any help would be great.. as you can see complete newbie.

Ric

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1214
1) When I play the tuner the sub is very low, you can't hear anything unless you go right upto the speaker and put your ear there. Is there anything i need to do with the settings?

There's not a lot of bass signal on most radio signals. Well, not as much as is on DVDs and digital TV audio anyway. You could turn up the crossover (to a higher frequency) and volume settings your subwoofer.

2) What would be my best setup, my denon receiver does not have a hdmi slot however my plasma and direct tv box do. (which is the current setup now).

HDMI from satbox to TV is the way to go.

3) I am unable to play sound from my tv through the HTIB. I have a cable going from the audio out in the tv to the audio in on the receiver.. is this correct.. (the manual is so confusing)

Your direct tv box should have a digital output, either coax or optical. You should use that output into your Denon receiver for the TV audio.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us