Need help with old RCA TV

Username: _social_retard_

Post Number: 1
I piced up this big old RCA TV in a thrift store the other day. It seems to work fine as far as i can tell. All the buttons work and the coaxial input works fine but when I plug in my DVD player into the AV plugs I am at a loss as to how to get it to switch over to that input. It didn't coem with the original remote and the universal remotes i have ither dont work at all or only work for changing the channels and volume and basic stuff liek that. the model number is g26291wk if that helps at all. Does anyone know of what i should do? is there a specific remote i should buy or something?

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 1209
did you try googling it to see if you could find a manual? How old is this thing? I have an old (21yrs) Sony tv....and I ended up having to call Sony and they e-mailed me a manual,then I read and found out I needed a Sony remote to program it right.

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1193
christian, the line inputs on old RCAs were activated be tuning in a channel in the nineties. While playing a DVD, try tuning in channel 88 and go upward until the picture comes in. I think the magic number is channel 92.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 3144
I've seen one that was channel 100 or 101, I can't remember which.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us