How to connect HTPC, HD Plasma, Surround, satellite?

Username: Thirteen

Castellon, spain

Post Number: 1
Hi All,

Sorry to ask your advice on my first post here, but hopefully you wont mind too much.

I recently bought a 42" HD ready plasma TV, then decided i'd buy a HTPC to store all the kids DVD's on, music, etc. i then decided I need to upgrade the sound aspect of the system, so I bought a home cinema setup.........

Now i've just bought a HD satellite receiver box which has confused things further. As of now, the only HD signals I can process will be from the Satellite, so should the HDMI cable from the receiver (satellite) go direct to the Plasma (only 1 HDMI input) if so, where does the sound go? to the TV or the surround sound amplifier?

I will only view satellite tv, watch DVDs from the PC and play sound from the PC, so what is the best way to wire this lot up?

Another thing that annoys, is that the screen has loads of inputs, so if the screen is on, and I want to watch a DVD via the pc, then I have to press the input select button on the screen about 6 times to select the PC. Is there any way they can autodetect input?

Thanks for any advice in advance.

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 306
No auto detect for TV inputs. HDMI out from cable to TV carries both sound and picture to your TV. In order to get the cable box to the receiver you must connect audio cables to the receiver from the SAT box. Digital cables either Optical or coaxil will do depending on the SAT box output.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us