Dolby Pro Logic?

I bought a little shelf stereo system that says Dolby Pro Logic on the front and I haven't ever really listened to surround sound in my home before. Anyway I was curious how you could hook it up to stuff. I know it won't sound great but I'm just curious how it would work. I don't use a A/V Reciever for any of our stuff. I do have a standalone DVD player and the PS2 and Xbox. Can it hook up to any of these and get a surround effect. Any help would be appreciated. Email any answers if possible! bmbrown911@excite.com

Derek
You can connect anything with an Left and Right Audio Out on it to your new system. If the souce material is Dolby ProLogic or Dolby Surround encoded you will be able to hear everything as it was intended. All of your sources probably do.

You need a left, a right and center front speakers and at least one (though usually two) rear speaker(s).

Enjoy.

I've been looking at that very same shelf system and I've noticed that it has a connection on the back that says Surround Out. What do I hook up to that. It looks like a normal connection except for its red. What do I do with this? Do I need to hook something up with this to make it work. They probably sound like stupid questions but I'm really clueless when it comes to surround sound and hooking it up. Any help would be appreciated!

Knowone has ever answered my second question. On the back of my system it has a component hookup that is red and labeled surround out. What do I plug into this hookup please answer immediately.

Derek
Connect back speakers, I would imagine.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us