Need Best set up--Almost there

Username: Dashelter

Orlando, Florida USA

Post Number: 1
Need help on best set up since now I am only getting half of what I want to accomplish.

Hi Everyone,

I have the following:
1) A Sony STR-DE725 Audio/Video receiver with outputs in the back for Video 1 (with in/out A/V connections slots); Video 2 (with in/out A/V connections slots); DVD/LD (with in/out A/V connection slots)

2) A Panasonic TV with Component Video connection on Input 1 slot in the back of the TV and a regular A/V connection + an S-Video on Input 2 slot in back of TV and an an additional A/V slot where the video can be connected to the Sony "Monitor out" connection and the 2 video slots (left/Right) in back of TV says "to Audio Amp" for an external amplifier

3) A Satellite dish receiver with Component Video connection as well as a regular A?V connection

4) A DVD recorder : Liteon LVW-5005 with Component video connections as well as regular A/V connections for Video in and Video out.

Now here's what I'd like to do:

a)Be able to record movies from my Satellite receiver
b)Play movies on the DVD player/Recorder

Now, I can either play a dvd with image and no sound or vice-versa.
In addition, I cannot record a movie from the Satellite receiver
And I can't figure out what's wrong with the connection.

What I am doing:
1) I have an A/V cable going from Satellite dish receiver to Video in slot on Sony Audio/Video Receiver -Line 2/Video 2 section
2) An A/V cable from DVD Video in to Video out on Line 2/Video 2 on back of Sony Receiver
3)An A/V cable from DVD recorder Video out to Video In - DVD/LD slot of Sony Receiver

Can't figure out a connection from Satellite Dish receiver to DVD recorder that would give me the ability to record movies from Satellite Dish and at the same time be able to play ANY dvds with both sound and image

Please help and thanks so much

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 301
The first thing I see is (2) DVD in to Video 2 out and (3) DVD out to DVD/LD in. these allneed to be hooked up to the same in-out port Video 2 or DVD.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us