Help/advice required for amp connected to pc.

Username: Davidhue

Post Number: 3
hi, i am new to these forums.would appreciate any help or advice on how to get the best sound possible for playing media(music/dvd/film/tv) through my pc.i currently have an integratd amp(marantz pm7200) and 4 pretty good quality speakers(not surround sound)connected to my pc,my soundcard being the creative audigy 2 zs.is there a better way to improve things even more eg a top of the range soundcard/a surround sound receiver/speakers instead of an integrated amp etc? any help would be appreciated.
thank you.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 11567
What speakers are you currently using?

Post Number: 4
hi,thanks for the reply.i have just bought a pair of acoustic energy aelite 2s.my other pair are older and less powerful(kef coda 70s) but i am going to upgrade very soon.hope this helps.
cheers.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11578
Very nice speakers.

How are you connected to the receiver? What do you feel is the system lacking, soundwise?

Post Number: 5
hi , i just have a simple thx monster cable from the out socket in the soundcard going into the cd out on the amp.the sound is fine i suppose (although i notice that sound is louder and clearer playing music than when playing dvd), just looking to upgrade further but not sure which department to foucus on.do you have any idea on what will influence the sound more in my set up: the soundcard ,amp or speakers? or is it a combination of all of them.i'd also like your opinion on wheather i should stick to an int.amp or opt for a surround sound receiver and speakers(would it make much differance?)
many thanks.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11584
"going into the cd out on the amp"???? Explain this connection.

Silver Member
Username: Leew

jennifer contreras , Yokosuka, ... SPESNAZ. ...

Post Number: 877
maybe he have to connect his CD or DVD Rom from "audio out" to the sound card with digital cable (two pin)
I use it from comp. to receiver "S/PDIF-Out(optical cable)"!

Post Number: 6
hi , with regards to berny's query ,the cable is 2 pin going into the left and right channel of the cd-r/md out sockets on the rear of the marantz amp.i can also have them in the tape out channel and one of my aux channels(i have aux 1 and 2).the sound is the same in all 3 connections.
cheers.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11594
Are you set on using the PC as your entertainment system?

If you are, you may want to look into a better soundcard. You may also want to stay away form compressed music formats, they do not sound that great.

Post Number: 7
yeah , i am set on the pc .space is an issue and i am getting a new 32" lcd tv at xmas and i intend connecting that to the pc and kill 2 birds with the 1 stone: tv watching etc. and pc use.do you reckon the soundcard is the main factor to enhance my sound further?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11595
The sound card and your music format.

Post Number: 8
ok, thanks for your help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?