Help with a (small) HT.

Username: Chr1s

Scotland

Post Number: 1
I have tried a few different forums but the responses are coming in quite slow so i thought id try another one, maybe im not explaining myself correct, haha.

Ill try and keep it simple.

I initially searched the net just to find a set of speakers for my laptop (which i would still like some info on) but ive decided to try and get a whole new set up which would be based in my bedroom.

I have limited space in my bedroom (3x3 meters) but i was going to get some type of storage unit built so everything can fit into one space and keep it all together as at the moment, nothing is beside anything else.

What i would like is, a new tv, which would have to be no bigger than 32" i think, a dvd recorder/player and a sound system. I already have a sky/cable box at the moment and a Playstation 2 so that would come into the equation too.

Now.... here might be the tricky part, lol.

I also play guitar and have just got rid of my amp.

I was wondering, if there was such a sound system speaker/amp where i could have the tv hooked up to it, AND the guitar AND my laptop (Dell Inspiron 9300).

I was given info that one of - http://www.musiciansfriend.com/home/navigation?q=v-amp - these products would be sufficent to plug into a speaker/sound system and i could play my amp through that.

Obviously im not looking for it all to be hooked up to the same thing at one time, as i dont think there is anything capable of doing that that would be a decent price for me. Right?

But i was wondering if there was the option to be able to switch all three at any given time into the same sound system.

Has anyone had any experience in something like this? Or could advise me?

Also, expense-wise i dont know how much this would cost.... so i might have to save for years yet, lol.

I think at the moment i could spend between £1000-£1500 (thats pounds not dollars) on a new set up for it all, but if i need to go higher ill have to do some saving. :D

If its not already obvious.... i know pretty much nothing about these sound systems, so i need as much help as i can get, lol.

Thanks for any help/tips you may have.

Chris

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 11446
If I am understanding this correctly...you want 3 different audio sources to have the capability to run all at the same time?

For something like this, you would need an audio mixer. Look into those and you will find plenty.

Scotland

Post Number: 2
Hi Berny, thanks for the reply.

Not to seem like a total dumbass (but i will be :p), can you post a link to where i might get one of those?

I typed it into Google and i got a huge range of them, and a huge range of prices, lol.

Also, what would i need to buy with that, a speaker or amp or what?

Like i mentioned in my first post, im a complete novice.... so ill probably be asking plenty questions that might seem obvious to most of you.

Thanks again.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11447
Go here.

http://www.geminidj.com/mixers.html

An audio mixer is a device that can accept different audio inputs from differing devices and "mix" them together into 1 output and into an amplifier or a receiver.

Scotland

Post Number: 3
Oh ok, i saw those things but i thought i was in the wrong place since it says their for DJ's lol.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11451
Just shop around in DJ equipment shops and you should be able to find what you need.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11452
and check the mixers for the type of inputs it can accomodate.

Scotland

Post Number: 4
So, just so i have things straight, i look into getting :-

An audio mixer, an amplier or receiver, and the tv and computer to use on it.

Do i also need to get one of the behringer products in the link i wrote or will the audio mixer take care of that side of things?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11453
Your audio peripherals will all connect to the mixer and from the mixer you will connect to an amp or a receiver.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us