Dipole Speaker Placement

Username: Backinthelab

Detroit, MI

Post Number: 1
Well, a newb question, I know. I appreciate any help!

I have purchased a set of Mourdant-Short 500 THX series speakers. My only issue is with the dipoles as I'm not sure where to mount them. The design of the room is such that it will be quite difficult, if at all possible, to mount these on the side walls. If mounted to the sides, they will be have to be 11-12' off the floor.

Let me detail the room a bit to clarify. The room is 18 X 20 with a vaulted ceiling that starts on the right at 12' and slopes to 22' at it's highest point on the left. The front and rear walls are 22', sides are 18'. The main listening position is about 2 feet from the rear wall but can be moved out to 4' if needed.

So, in short, what would be the best position for these? If I can get the installers to mount them on the side walls where should they be placed (roughly)? Likewise with the rear walls if the routing is too difficult for the sides.

Thanks again for any help you can give me!

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 291
The surrounds should be placed about6-7 feet off the ground and about 2-4 feet from the rear wall.

Username: Backinthelab

Detroit, MI

Post Number: 2
No dice on the side walls per the installer. How about rear wall placement? Any dimensions from the main listening position?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us