The new HTS760 have you guys seen it?

Anonymous
The new HTS760 have you guys seen it?

hoju
actually its the HT-S660. the receiver alone is probably worth the purchase because its a good improvement over the HR-500. It looks just like the TX-SR600, but it doesn't have 6.1 decoding. the bass management on the new receiver offers much better flexibility than the HR-500. u can choose from 60/80/100/120/150. i dont know about the speakers tho, but those grills look prettier.

Rick
Actually onkyo has released 4 new models
the HTS660 HTS667 HTS760 HTS767.
The 667 and the 767 include a DVD player.
HTe HTS660 is a 5.1 system and the 760 is the 6.1 with Dolby ES anf DTS- EX with component video.
Just bought the HTs760 from circuit city for $475.00 + tax + free shipping.

Anonymous
TO Rick: the spec of HTS760 looks better than hts650, how do you feel it in the real life? How come it's cheaper than the hts650? if compare the HTS760 with HTS660 which one you think is a better deal? thanks...

Rick
TO Anonymous: The HTS760 is indeed better than the HTS650. It uses the new TXSR501 reciever (with more power 100Wx6). I havent recieved the system yet so I havent heard it.But I'm sure it will be as good as the HTS650.

If you donot care about component video or 6.1, then you might want to get HTS650 and save some money. Lot of stores are clearing this item to replace it with the HTS760. If you live in California, Fry's Electronics has it for $370.

Anonymous
Get HTS650 and save some money? In Circuitcity HTS650 are more expensive than the HTS760...why...? also, do you know if Fry's Electronics sales ths HTS760 online? thanks...

I don't understant the use of the component video on the reciver, sholdn't i connect the component video with my TV?

Boris
I've seen the HTS760 at fry's and I noticed that:
1) the speakers are different (smaller than in 650)
2) the whole package is twice smaller. I mean I had to unpack my 650 just to fit it in my car. But the 760 looks much smaller.

Rick
Fry's electronics online store is outpost.com, but I dont think they sell this model online. You can check

Rick
TO Boris: I think you are confusing HTS660 with the HTS760. THe HTS660 is the smaller one the HTS760 is as big as the the HTS650 and also includes the sixth back speaker. Also the subwoofer is bigger.

Boris
TO Rick: I stand corrected. I meant 660 not 760.

Anonymous
TO Rick: I can not find HTS760 being sold any where online. circuitcity.com also took it off today... do you know which webstore has it?

Ps. I don't live in California, so we don't have Fry's...

Rick
To Anonymous: You are right about circuitcity.I think they are all sold out. Even my local Fry's store is out of the 760. They do have the 660 and 650.
Unfortunately I donot think that there is any other store that has the 760 in stock but i'm sure that soon you will be able to find one as availabilty increases.

Just recieved the 760 yesterday ...had odered it on Monday May12th on Circuitcity.com
Its amazing ...a great product for $475.

ukeeII
onecall.com has the pre-ordered S760

Rick
Circuit.com has it once again but for $499. Earlier they were selling it for $474.

chris b
i also have a ht-s760 on order from circuit city. i missed the few days that it was on their web site, but i printed out a copy of the web price and went in and had to special order it. they had over 700 available in the atlanta warehouse they also honored the $475 price.

to rick: any hook up hints? this is my first system. i already bought some 12 gauge wire for the speakers (from Lowes) and some speaker stands from circuit city. have you been able to listen to the ht-s755dvc system in your area? i was wondering how this new systems compares. since the speakers are smaller and i don't really think the receiver is an upgrade: the ht-s755dvc has an txsr-600 receiver. this sytem has the upgraded txsr-501. let me know what everyone thinks, i should have the system on wednesday :)

Anonymous
onecall.com has the hts760 in stock. Does anybody have any info on when the silver version of the hts760 is coming out?

Anonymous
To Rick, how about the speaker wire? as bad as the HTS650?

Rick
To Anonymous:
Yes the speaker wire that comes with the HTS760 is really as bad as the HTs650. I got my own speaker wire from home depot. !4 gauge for the front and center and 16 gauge for the 3 surround speakers.

Also i read somewhere that the HTS760 is going to be offered only in black where as the HTs660 will be offered in black and silver.

jj51
what speaker stand you guys use for hts760, circuitcity use chicage 16" for front 24" for rear, looks not bad. but they out of the 16", where can i find it???

Anonymous
After going through the reviews, I have almost decided to buy HT-S760. But, one of my colleagues told me to rather go for Onkyo TX-SR600 receiver with Bose speakers.

Any comments....

Anonymous
does anyone know if the hts760 receiver has the same LFE problem that the hts650 receiver reportedly has?

i just saw the 760 today and it does look nicer than the 650, and only $50 more than the 650 at circuit city. the guy there said the speakers were the same with new grills, and the receivers were basically the same except for the extra channel with the 760. is that about right??

Anonymous
I just bought an HTS760 from Circuit City for $449 on sale. For anyone in SoCal, Fry's has the HTS650 for $349. To me, the 760 was worth the extra $100. In addition to the extra channel and better crossover control, the sub has a larger cabinet, which supposedly results in deeper bass (though the driver is still 8"). Plus, Circuit City is offering their one year interest free deal, which means I can take my sweet old time to pay for it.

Anonymous
Well, I set up my HTS760 system last night and it sounds great!

A couple of things - the speakers included are quite good, but I had some 20 year old ADS bookshelf speakers that sound significantly better than the front Onkyo's (better tweeters), so I am using those instead. I'll use the Onkyo's as the rear surrounds or in another room.

Also, the bass is strong, but quite boomy. I've read about other people modding their subs by adding polyfill inside the cabinet. Has anyone done this to their HTS760/650 sub? If so, did it help tighten things up? Or does it already contain enough insulation?

Rick
Another significant difference between the hts760 and the hts650 is that the hts760 reciever has 2inputs/1output for component video which is not present in the HTS650.

Anonymous
How does the Onkyo HTS760 or HTS767 compare with the new Yamaha YHT-740?

Tony
The HT767 is exactly the same as the HT760 but with a dvd player. If i don't own a dvd player, should i purchase the 767 and pay an extra 300 to 400 $ more or should i buy the 760 and a cheaper dvd player?

Anonymous
How do you guys wire TV audio to the receiver? My TV has audio output. But I couldn't find an input specific for TV in the receiver of HTS760. Any hints? I tried Video 1,2,3, CD, no one worked.

Jeff V
My situation is kind of strange bec. I finished my basement, wiring it for a 5.1 system (the Ht-s650), so don't have it wired for the ht-s760, but would like to purchase the "newer" system. My question - with the 6.1 systems like the ht-s760, will it negatively affect the sound if I leave out the additional back-middle speaker. Sorry for my ignorance, im just not a big stereo enthusiast and simply want better than TV sound and have heard these Onkyos are the way to go for the price.

Thanks for your help?

Anonymous
No, leaving the six surround speaker will not have adverse effect on the perforamance. Though you will not hear sound designed for sixth surround speaker in DTS-EX movies. I had only 5 speakers hooked up for few weeks. I recently hooked up the sixth speaker and dont feel there is a major change in sound quality, it is only a minor difference.

HVQ
I just set up my HT-S760 this weekend. It sounds phenomenal, but I have one nagging and frustrating question.

Must the DVD player support DTS-ES and DD-EX in order to hear the rear center channel?

Details:
My JVC DVD player is 2 years old. It has the plain DTS and DD logos on it. Lord of the Rings worked great in 5.1 DD. I switched to DTS-ES track hoping to hear sound from the back center but it was still silent. I know the speaker works because I hear sound coming out of it when I run "Test". Do I have to get a DVD player that has DTS-ES and DD-EX logos on it in order for my 6.1 system to work to it's full potential?

Anonymous
How does HT-S760 compare to HT-S755DVC (besides the lack of DVD)? Anyone knows?

Zhaohui Wang
I am going to buy one set of HT-S767 or HT-S760. I would like to get installatation service (mounting speakers and wiring cable under carpet or behind the wall). Is there any good suggestion for a service provider (I live in East Palo Alto, CA 94303)and its cost? Your input will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Zhaohui

Set up my HT-S760 last night. Used AR Pro Series interconnects from AC4L.com (highly recommended) and 14AWG oxygen free speaker wire from Home Depot. Very inexpensive setup, maybe $100 in cables due mainly to the 150' of speaker wire needed for the install.

Wow is my initial reaction. I didn't turn it up all that loud, but the clarity at low volumes is amazing. This is my first "real" stereo and I am completely impressed. It sounded good in the store and from the reviews here, I bought the setup. I'm blwon away at the sound in the house and the lack of ANY background hiss or noise. I don't know if this is the system, my install (I tried hard to follow correct wire placement guidelines), or the interconnects.

I have yet to really go through the whole speaker setup with my Avia disc and SPL meter (still waiting for the SPL meter to be delivered), I just did it by ear with the receivers test tones.

What is the verdict on sub crossover points? I left it at 80hz because I didn't have a whole lot of time to play with it. Should it be higher or lower for music? Movies?

Anonymous
I bought hts660 recently instead of 760 because I don't need the extra rear speaker. I am actually disappointed in the quality of the speakers. I have older Bose and Realistic speakers that are much better. I also noticed the gauge of the wires was poor. I am using the Bose satellite speakers (with subwoofer) as my A set and the Onkyo's as my B set. This has significantly improved the depth quality of sound and range. It's a shame that when surround sound is turned on, the B speaker set has to be turned off... The receiver is fine, although I think that my 10 year old Onkyo receiver was of better quality.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us