Subwoofer placement

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 283
A comunity center near me wants to add a Home Theater rig to a large room 70L x 50W X 30H. My question is about placement of the 2 subs. I was thinking of putting them half way down the walls (35') and 7' feet high across from each other. Putting them in the front or back is a problem. The sub are Velodyne SC-15 http://www.velodyne.com/velodyne/products/product.aspx?ID=23&sid=693w520l The rest of the equipment is Sony VW-100 projestor with a 130" wide Stewart screen, Pioneer Elite receiver VSX-84TXSi and Paradigm speakers Studio 40's CC570 and Definitive Technology rears BPX's

Gold Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth,...

Post Number: 1644
Sub bass speakers go at the front, nearly all the top professional THX cinemas and nearly all the sub standard cinemas worldwide have all the sub bass speakers placed at the front, the sound will radiate outwards into the room, so don't waste your time with placing them all over the room, up front is where they rightfully belong!

Upload

Gold Member

Bournemouth,...

Post Number: 1645
Also I would personally recommend an 18" JBL 4645C sub bass, two would be most suited for this size room and they will truly give you true cinema low end without the compromise, if you look around first before committing yourself to the project, you might find yourself saving some of the projects budget costs, there are plenty of professional cinema installers throughout the USA and if you look and I mean look real hard you'll find the best deals.

The JBL 4645-C will require it's own amplifier and active X over and like I said if you really look around, given the cost now might slightly go over the estimated budget, the JBL will leave the others crawling in the dust!

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 284
Andy thanks for the input. But because of the set up the front won't work, its a multi use building that is used to put on a summer teen show. The screen is going to be retractable above the front of the stage with the L C R speakers hanging from cable around it. Under the stage is iffy for safety reasons for the speakers not the teens.

Gold Member

Bournemouth,...

Post Number: 1654
Casey

No worries mate, just give the whole thing a bit more brainstorming, it's a petty you've got no pictures of the fertility to loo at, try and get some pictures up here mate.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us