Which is better? HTIB or buy everything seperate?

Anonymous
Is it better to buy a HTIB or purchase seperate? I'm leaning towards the Onkyo HTS 650. I have around $500 to $800 to spend. Is the LSV 950 better than the HTS 650? What receiver and speakers would you buy seperate?

Jim Beam
seperate...but for the $$$ you are willing to spend, maybe not

Derek
Maybe not: JBL and AR make some small speaker 5.1 systems for $300. A Sherwood or Pioneer 5.1 receiver can be had for $150 and a Panasonic or Philips progressive scan DVD player with 2:3 pulldown can be had $100.

The Onkyo will look cooler though.

Jim Beam
you get what you pay for however

Anonymous
I go with Derek on this one. JBL SCS150SI speakers $300, Panny SAHE70 Receiver $200 plus Tosh SD4800 Pro Scan DVD Player $200 total with tax is around $800 the extra $100 can be used on speaker wire and componet cables. This will blow away the HTS650.

superfecta
I'll suggest an apex DVD player with coaxial outputs for less than 100 bucks,JBL Nt bookshelf and center speaker for 300 bucks and a closeout Kenwood 6070 for 400 bucks.And regular patch cords,not the high dollar stuff, unless you hook everything up and get noise interference.And start saving for a good sub,you'll need it.Or get a cheaper reciever and spend the extra money on a sub.I suggest the Kenwood because it is expandible to 5.2 or 6.1,so you can upgrade your system at a later date if you choose.

Anonymous
Panny SAHE70?? Why?

I´d buy a Denon 483 receiver...

Anonymous
The Panny SAHE70 to try to keep cost down. I've seen it as low as $124. You couldn't go wrong either way.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us