Advice on receiver

Username: Roostershooter

Post Number: 1
I need to upgrade my receiver and I am giving some thought to the Pioneer VSX 1016. Currently I have a Mitsubishi HD TV with Bose AM7 and some vintage Altec Lansing 7's. I would plan on adding some additional center speakers. Any thoughts on this receiver upgrade? Thanks in advance.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 11367
Excellent receiver. Have you thought about removing the Bose from your equation? You might as well since you are upgrading your receiver.

Post Number: 2
I had not really thought too much on replacing the Bose speakers. After reading some of the posts on this forum, it seems that they are not the best speaker on the market. What do you recommend to compliment this receiver? I am pretty sure I will get the pioneer.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11368
There are plenty of speakers that wil compliment the Pionner. There's Athena, Axiom, Ascend Audio and Orb. There are plenty more but, what is your budget for speakers?

Post Number: 3
I have no idea, I have not shopped for stereo equipment in about 18 years.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11370
Start shopping around :-)

Have fun in your search!

Post Number: 4
I see on the Orb site that they package their speakers with the receiver I want. I like the idea of small, which is why I bought the Bose system years ago. Are the Orb speakers really as good as the marketing people say they are?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11371
I believe they are. Miles better than Bose.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us