Switching JVC receiver from s-vid/composite in to component in- help!

Username: Karlntx

Post Number: 1
OK, now just having to ask this question wounds my male "I can hook anything electronic up" pride... I've purchased a JVC receiver (RX-D301) for my study & am running several video sources into it (via various connections - 2 component, 1 s-video), and component video out. So far, so good. Problem? I get audio, but no video (yes, I selected the correct input on the tv). I cannot for the life of me tease out from the convoluted JVC manual HOW I am supposed to tell the receiver I want it to receive the component video in for a particular component input, as opposed to the s-vid/composite in. The manual helpfully tells me that I cannot view the component video feed in UNLESS I "select appropriate video inputs" and describes the two options as "<cmpnt>" versus "<s/c>" but fails to inform HOW I can select between these 2. The manual also tells me that the default setting is <s/c> (s-video/composite). There is no manual toggle or button on the front or rear of the receiver. There is no button on the remote or front panel bearing either of those 2 abbreviations, or something descriptive like "Vid Input Mode" or somesuch. Can anyone please help me? I'd love to remove this dunce cap...

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1132
Karl,
Try this:

1) Press setting button (on left side of receiver).
2) Turn "multi-jog" wheel until "DVD Video In" appears on display.
3) Press set button (next to jog wheel).
4) Turn jog until <cnpnt> appears on display.

This should feed any incoming component video signal on the receiver's component input labelled "DVR/DVD IN" to the receiver's component output.

Username: Karlntx

Post Number: 3
Thanks a million, John - that wasn't exactly right, but it got me close enough to figure out the balance of the process. Turns out you first rotate the jog dial to the desired input, then press the "setting" button on the left side of the front panel, then the "set" button on the right side of the front display, then turn the jog dial again to switch from <c/s> to <cmpnt> - whew, and of course, that operation is described nowhere in the manual. I really appreciate the help!

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1133
You are welcome Karl. I used to use a '99 model DD/DTS JVC receiver, so I figured they hadn't changed the set procedure too much. Back then component video was nonexistant on main stream surround receivers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us