Need Help in planning my HT/Music

Username: Pramodapple

Sharjah, UAE United Arab ...

Post Number: 4
Some one advised me on this forum to ask this question in this area for getting solutions.

I have recently purchased a used RMB 1075 and old RSP 966 processor, how do these both sound in terms of Music then HT usage. I know 966 is only Pro Logic and DTS/5.1 and has no other DSP's other other new formats etc. but my question is, are the dynamics of the processor are as good as RSX 1055, (which also I own) IF not then I'm planning to use my 1055 as a processor to my new RMB 1075, I just need 5.1 as of now, so if I do not connect the speakers to my RSX 1055 then the internal Amps will be used or the unit will just act like a processor... And in future if I want 7.1 then how can I use the two channels of 1055 for back surround duty.

I also have NAD Stereo Pre Amp 162, and I wanted to use these stereo amp for my two channel use by hooking it up to the same RMB 1075, HOW can I DO this...???? I was thinking that, as I have a RCA "Peggy" connector with which you can connect two RCA inputs, so I was planning to connect these to the front two channels input of RMB 1075, so the first input will be from 1055 or 966 and the second input from the NAD Pre 162, I'm I right in doing so., or I will blow anything. Off course I will use only one input at a time. And make sure I will switch off the other input completely,

is RSX 1055 processing is a good as RSP 1068....??? I read in this forum that the processing of 1057 is that of 1068, so I'm anxious to know this...

Please advise what is the best processor or alternative to use with my new baby RMB 1075, RSP 1068 is very expensive in my part of the world it is around 1800$', So I'm looking for a cheaper solution... And I was thinking to buy NAD T 163 processor... Which is half the price of 1068... And this raises my another question does any one have partnered this T163 processor with RMB 1075...
What will make a difference in sound THE processor or the amplifier, as I know that NAD is warmer and smoother and Rotel is bit Neutral and detailed... so when I hook up these both which kind of sound out put I will get, the warm sound of NAD or the Neutral and detailed sound of Rotel .... I like both the sounds.... But can I partner Pre and power from different companies.... Will I loose out on anything if I do this.....

Can we check the age of Rotel equipments... For example can we find out in which year it manufactured etc.. By looking at the serial no or something... Like Arcam CD players they will stamp their production year on their units as I saw on one of their CD73 unit.....

I'm sorry for the long post but I need these solutions as I have brought 1075 after long savings and I need to settle with this for a long time....

Thx in advance.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 11344
Greetings Pramodapple,

You have done much research and it is commendable. You are now suffering from gross indecision due to over application of the knowledge you have acquired. What you are doing now is putting too much into the mix, too many hands spoiling the broth. Do not go too deep into which DSP, or what have you, is better or what is in which component. The equipment you have lined up are all well made with a great reputation.

Simplify things by using the components you feel you will like. Most of us can recommend different things and this is biased towards our own tastes, we have no idea which you will like.

Your concern about the sound output is relevant only to you once you start listening.

Listen and simplify.

Post Number: 5
Hello Berny,

I guess you have simplifyed it for me buddy, you are right "Listen and Simplify" will do the same...

Thx for your reply.
God Bless.

Bronze Member
Username: Tommyv

Rowlett, Texas

Post Number: 63
Pramodapple, I would think using the RSX 1055 as a processor would be better than the RSP 966.

also if the RSX 1057 (this is the unit i own) is as good a processor as the RSP 1068, this is quite a bargin since the RSX 1057 is $1300 and the RSP 1068 is $1700. i would think the RSP 1068 would have to be superior for that kind of price increase.

Post Number: 8
Hello Tommy Vastine,
If I'm not connecting the speakers to my RSX 1055,and use it as just a processor, will it tax the internal Amps of 1055, or drow the same wattage of power/heat when it is working with full load..
Sorry for being pain, but thought will clear the doubts in my mind. it it gives more knowledge.

Bronze Member
Username: Tommyv

Rowlett, Texas

Post Number: 64
Pramodapple, no need for apologies, in fact i think this is a valid question because i have heard others mention the same thing on this forum. i don't understand why this would be a problem since to my knowledge the intended purpose of the multi channel outputs is to use an external amp. someone else may have more info on that than i do.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us