$1,500 for HDTV- Pull the trigger or keep saving?

Username: Peeb

Oklahoma Usa

Post Number: 10
I need a TV that's at least 42", HD, and will fit in a space no more than 19" deep (i.e., either DLP, LCD, or Plasma).

Will my $1,500 get the job done, or do I need to keep socking back cash and let the prices keep on falling. PS- I'd sure like HDMI, as my new receiver has that (a pioneer vsx-1016. thanks berny).

I have a bad case of TAS (television acquisition syndrome) but I don't want to do something dumb.

Thoughts? Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Agentsmith

Post Number: 12
I think a great tv would be the Sony 50" SXRD A2000.

http://www.nextag.com/SONY-KDS-50A2000-50-509182638/prices-html

A few hundred over your price tag with tax + shipping.. but overall, a very nice picture for the money.

Bronze Member
Username: Tommyv

Rowlett, Texas

Post Number: 57
i think you are close but a couple hundred dollars shy to get what you need. for around $1700-$1800 (maybe cheaper online) you could get a HDTV Panasonic 42" plasma. if you are putting it in a cabinet or some kind of enclosed space i have heard plasmas can tend to over heat. for about the same amount you could get a 52" mitsubishi DLP 1080p. i personally think mitsubishi makes the best DLPs. as far as LCD flat panel there are some nice 40" ones out there in the same price range, i think samsung and sharp are the best ones. good luck!

Gold Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 1298
I think your question should be pull the trigger or keep waiting. I think before christmas comes around you will see a whole round of serious price reductions. So I would simply wait.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us