DVD audio will not play through receiver

Username: Declassified

Post Number: 1
Whats up guys,

I'm having an issue with getting audio playing through my receiver, from the DVD player.

I have a samsung 50" plasma, an Apex Digital DVD player.. and an old fisher receiver with no digital capabilities.

I am using component lines for video. When I hook the RCA (red/white) jacks straight from the DVD player to the Component1 audio jack on the plasma I have sound.

However I want surround sound so this is where the problems begin.

From the plasma Component1 audio jacks I hook it into the audio IN on the receiver under the category (Video1). Still under the Video1 category there is an audio OUT jacks.. here I plug the RCA from there to the DVD player.

Any help here is appreciated.

D

Username: Declassified

Post Number: 2
Update:

I had an obvious wiring issue which remedied the situation. I now have surround sound when playing the DVD. However, I do not have surround when just watching normal TV. The receiver audio OUT jacks are now filled by the DVD player. Do I possibly have to buy a splitter?

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 275
Buy a new receiver with digital inputs. If you can afford a 50 inch plasma you can go for a cheap upgrade on the receive and I don't mean a Home Theater in the BOX set up.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us